Enliven Wellness Festival
Aug 5-8th, 2022
Come experience the support and nourishment of your fellow community as we gather together on a stunning flower and garlic farm located in Birken B.C.
Nestled right under the mountains for a weekend of dancing, connecting, breathing and co-creating a safe container for all of us to share our authentic self-expressions.
There are going to be professional DJ's, Artists and Creative Entrepreneurs that are offering their amazing gifts and talents with us for the weekend. Don't miss checking out this years incredible line up!
At Enliven, we are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for people to connect and grow together. We ask that you treat others the way you would like to be treated (or better!). Make someone's day, show kindness, smile and let your beautiful light shine. We are here to create magic together <3
- A Conscious Community Gathering - world class musical acts and workshops in an intimate setting.
- A safe space to remove our masks and step into the truth of who we are.
- To move past limiting beliefs and elevate our creative life force..
- To dance to the beat of our own drum in devotion to mother nature.
- To surrender to her sweet intoxicating rhythm, the sway of earth, water, flames and sky.
- To connect with the most loving and supportive soul family, the ones who see us, walk with us, dance with us, cry with us.. "
- We hold deep reverence and respect for the land and value reconciliation by building a reciprocal relationship with the land's first people. We are collaborating with indigenous people in ceremony, education, workshops as well as facilitating the sharing and sale of their art.
- We can't wait to share this special space with you on the unceded territory of the St'at'imc People.
- Our motto for this year is "quality over quantity". To maintain the intimacy of the Festival, tickets are limited to 250 people.
This gathering was founded on the following principles:
1. Participation : YOU are the heart of this festival. Your willingness to be open to new experiences, fully commit to participating and become part of the event is what will make this weekend come alive.
2. Respect : Always treat others with respect. That means respecting their space, their wishes, their choices and speaking to them in a respectful and compassionate way.
3. Inclusion : If you see someone hanging out alone, don't be afraid to talk to them. Some people are shy but will open up when there is an invitation to interact. We want everyone to feel included and welcome.
4. Creativity : Just as with Participation, your creativity is of enormous value at this event and will help to make it possible. If you have decorations for our stage, ideas to make the space beautiful or want to join our organizer team please reach out. We are always open to more creatives joining the team who are bursting with colorful ideas! Further to this, we strongly believe that your experience at this event will be what you make it. You CAN create magic, you CAN create a container for healing within and you CAN create a more authentic expression of you!
5. Consent : Kindness isn't consent. If you like someone and want to connect with them through touch, please ask first.
6. Community : Connecting like-minded members of the Enliven community is at the heart of this event. We hope that you feel at home here, and that we can start to create a sense of belonging for those who are new here.
7. Expression : Collective self expression is a rich and potent recipe for magic. However you feel fully expressed, know that that is welcome. You can move, shake, act, sing and dress how you want. We want you to be the real YOU, in the full spectrum of colors of your expression. Also, share your feelings with our support staff if there is something bothering you, you will be seen and heard.
8. Authenticity : This is a place where you can remove your mask and embrace vulnerability, there is space for all of you here without judgement.
9. Presence : Now more than ever, we are facing an epidemic of technology addiction and disconnection of our people. Please do your best to remain present at the event, immerse yourself in the experience and turn your phone off unless you really need it!
Have questions? See FAQ Below:
What should I bring?
- Camping Gear (tent, mattress, sleeping bag, chairs, tables, gazebos, etc)
- Drum, rattle, instruments
- Flow toys
- Expressive outfits
- Water bottle
- Yoga mat
- Weather appropriate clothing (plan for sun, bugs, rain, hot and cold!)
- Wallet including CASH if you want to buy food, drinks, merch, artisan goods, etc. No guarantee that vendors will accept cards.
- All your favorite festival clothes, outfits and costumes that make you feel fully expressed!
- Bathing suit (we can swim in Gates Lake nearby)
- Journal and pen, for self reflection and writing notes in workshops.
- Food & Drink, Cooler, Cooking Supplies
- Bug Spray, Sunscreen
- Tarps and shade structures
- Large water container for your crew
- Sacred items to place on the altar during ceremonies
- Your smile!
Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately dogs are not permitted at the festival at the request of the owner.
Will there be water available on site?
- Yes, we will have water available on site to refill your water bottle.
Will there be food available on site?
- Yes, we will have Turnip the Beetz Food Truck on site vending food and beverages (Vegan, GF, Organic).
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend?
- We respect your decision to get vaccinated, or to remain unvaccinated. Body autonomy is our jam. :)
What CAN'T I bring?
- Weapons (no violence, yo)
- Drugs (the ones that aren't medicine :))
CAMPING & PARKING:
- Tent camping is included with your ticket. RV/car camping is available for an additional cost (purchase through eventbrite) - otherwise cars are parked across the road 200m away from the farm. We strongly advise you to carpool with friends to reduce our footprint!
Can I buy a RV/car camping pass on site?
- Ideally you should buy it ahead of time, they might sell out. There is a limited amount of car camping available.
Can I leave and come back?
- Once you have your wristband you can come and go as you please if you are parked in general parking.
What time can I arrive?
- The gates open at 11:30am on Friday Aug 5th. Volunteers will check your ticket upon arrival
When does the opening ceremony start?
- We are welcoming a guest to talk about indigenous allyship and protocols at 5:30pm on Friday. We highly recommend attending this important and informative talk about how we can be allies to the native people of these lands. Opening ceremony is at 7:15pm on Friday Aug 5th. Please try to be there for both of these offerings! :)
What time does the festival end?
- Closing Ceremony will end at 12pm on Monday Aug 8th.
Are kids allowed?
- Yes, kids are welcome. Kids under 12 can come for a half priced ticket (tickets available through eventbrite) and kids under 3 are free!
What is required for entry?
- You'll buy your ticket through Eventbrite, just bring the confirmation email on your phone OR print out the ticket.
Is there cell service on site?
- There is no cell service out on the lands we're going to be gathering on. We have methods of communication for emergencies which are not available for public use, unless of an emergency. We know how much we're dependent on the internet these days so please plan accordingly!
Can I smoke?
- Yes, you can smoke but please bring a pocket ashtray with you. We do not want to have any butts or roaches left. Leave no trace!
- Do you have questions that weren't answered above?
Contact Us : email@example.com